Skip to main content

The Universe, Bucket List, and Marie Forleo

Congratulations to ME!
The universe has shifted!
I just dove head first into something on my bucket list! Prayers for me yall! I, Summer, have taken a step that has been on my mind for years. (Applause) Thank you, Thank you.

Since we are just getting to know each other - Hey friend! Let me start with how happy I am to have Oprah as an Auntie (in my head), Gary Vee as a mentor (via Youtube), and Marie Forleo as the girlfriend I've always wanted (real talk, but not real)!

All three of these people, along with my awesome visibility coach, Jenn Scalia, have changed my life forever.  Notably, in the past four years, but Auntie O has been more like a journey since the love goes back to childhood.  Gary Vee speaks my language, even though I don't really use my words in the same way he does, my thoughts are with him.  Marie Forleo is sooo relateable, it drives me crazy! 

I love how she (Marie) always comes across as her true heart-felt self, how she explains things, and I respect how she makes money. I'm a work in progress, but Marie is how I see myself in ALL of my glory.  She's multi-passionate and dabbled in so many things and found herself.  (Confession: I love everything and get excited over just about anything.) I love that everything she's done felt good in the moment and led her to be a woman I admire.  Yes, I love reading her emails, watching her videos (several a day), and now...........being her student.

I don't know how else to say it, but guys I'm thrilled to be a part of Marie Forleo's B-School!  I graduated from grad school in 2002 and have earned certifications since then, but nothing like B-School.  I'm crazy excited to learn new digital marketing skills and diving into one of my favorite things, meeting new people.

Guess what?

I'm taking you on my journey!

Yes! I'm taking you with me as I learn to create a laptop lifestyle for myself.  Honestly, this is taking courage I must've found a few months ago because I've always let the deadline fly by. I just couldn't skip over it this year.  I've been through alot and I'll tell you about that soon.  It's a tear jerker.

I'm so excited, I can't wait to share all of the twist and turns my new found confidence will bring me.  The universe is listening and the response has been amazing! Things have already started changing! Yall, the bucket list is real and it's getting checked! I have no clue what's next, but I'd like for you to join me on this journey, cause Frankly my dear, you don't wanna miss it!

What's next for you? Let's talk about goals and checking things off your list.  Say hello in the comments!



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It's the Truth..........and I'm Sorry

Several years ago, I started a meetup group to meet more like-minded business women. And yes, I’ve met some awesome ladies, but I let them down. How could I be the Organizer of a business group and hold them accountable, when I didn’t hold myself accountable? So often, my mind would be racing with great ideas, that other people have now successfully done, and I would just move on and find something else to obsess with. Like you, I was busy with life and wanting my side hustle to take off, but not actually putting in the work for it to happen. Ok, I did a lot stuff and was really good at some things, but looking back, it was just busy work. I tend to lose interest in things quickly, so I always need to do something that holds my attention. In other words, I’m like a squirrel looking for a nut. (shame) But now, I’m realizing all of my busy work, crazy projects, and my……. I dunno passion projects, led me to a pretty good spot. Oh, I forgot to mention vision boards

Visionary: 3 Ways to Become a Self Starter

Visionaries have ideas that can change the world, but some suffer from following through and doubt their ability to be heard in this noisy world. As a participant in the Northwestern University Social Media Marketing Program, I found 2 articles highlighting the importance to take action now.  In Gary Vaynerchuk's blog article, “ The Day I Decided to Become Gary Vee ,” he explained what positioned him as the leader of one of the fastest growing creative agencies. He was already basking in the success of  Wine Library  and grew it from a $4 million to a $45 million business, but decided he wanted more. The problem he noticed, his actions didn’t show it. He firmly believes you can change what you don’t like and get out of the rut. When motivating the masses, many are looking for a short cut, but Gary says, “hard work pays off. Your behavior has to back up your words.” He argues that complaining is pointless and he lives a life of no excuses.